Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
g6 - 2161so
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. driver update for AMD Radeon HD 7670M & HD 7520G -drivers are constantly installed automatically several times per day. Every installation is successful. This malfunction started two months ago. How do I cure this problem?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Matti_N

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand the Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. driver update for AMD Radeon HD 7670M & HD 7520G are being installed constantly,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Does the driver install from the HP Support Assistant or via the Windows updates?

Have you attempted to reinstall the drivers?

While you respond to that, here's what I recommend:

• Hold the Windows + X key and select Device Manager,
  • Then look for the Display adapters,
  • Right-Click on the AMD graphics card drivers and Select Delete this driver.
  • Select OK and then update the same from the AMD website: Click here to download and install the latest version.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Riddle_Decipher,

drivers were installed from the Windows updates. First I asked help at Microsoft Community . Got an answer: go to the site "How to temporarily prevent a driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10"  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3073930/how-to-temporarily-prevent-a-driver-update-from-rei....

Downloaded and executed the "Show or hide updates" troubleshooter package. The package found 7520G but not 7670M plus the drivers. Prevented the driver update 7520G. No AMD Radeon HD 7670M & HD 7520G updates since then.

Do you know the next date for these AMD driver updates by HP?

Kind regards

Matti Nyström   

Karhutie 26 G

00800 Helsinki

mnm(at)iki.fi

HP Recommended

Hi @Matti_N, I am the @Chimney_83. It looks like you were interacting with @Riddle_Decipher, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

Thanks for the reply, I do not have any update on when the next driver update will be released. Recommend you keep checking HP Support Assistant on your computer to get a notification on driver updates. Click here to know more about HPSA. 

Hope this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.