Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp omen 17 w205na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Long story short i bought a new omen laptop and im trying to install integrated graphics because my 1070 is eating the battery in around 30 minutes.
I got an error saying its not compatible.
After digging though some forums i figured out i need to enable cpu graphics in the BIOS.
But i dont have the advanced tab 😞
Please help...

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Support Community  @Rayhaan 

Your CPU graphics should always be running.

Look in Device Manager under Display Adapters:

DISx2.PNG

You should have: Intel® HD Graphics 630  and  NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1070 ???

If the Driver for the  Intel® HD Graphics 630 is not installed it should say "Generic"

REO

HP Recommended

It only comes up with gtx 1070 😞

Capture.PNG

HP Recommended

@Rayhaan 

What CPU do you have installed???

REO

HP Recommended

I7-7700hq 🙂

HP Recommended

OK @Rayhaan 

There is a first time for everything and this is one?????

Your CPU has Intel® HD Graphics 630 graphics processing circuitry integrated into the processor, 

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/97185/intel-core-i7-7700hq-processor-6m-cache-u...

Getting ready for work I will get back after some research.

REO

HP Recommended

I’ve already tried the installing intel hd 630, I just get an error saying I don’t have the minimum system requirements 😞

HP Recommended

@Rayhaan 

In your BIOS under Advanced then SA configuration look at Graphics Configuration.

You could also try to reset BIOS to default???

REO

HP Recommended

I don’t have the advanced tab in my bios, I even updated my bios and still no advanced tab 😞

HP Recommended

@Rayhaan 

I guess that's the way HP has set it up and I cannot find any way to change it???

In theory, the CPU offers an integrated HD Graphics 630 GPU, which however remains deactivated due to the lack of Optimus.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-Omen-17-7700HQ-GTX-1070-Full-HD-Laptop-Review.240856.0.html

REO

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.