Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

After deleting a keyboard driver, I can no longer use my laptop normally. Can anyone give advice?

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

As of almost 24 hours ago, some of the keys on my HP Pavilion laptop keyboard began to not work. A YouTube tutorial recommended deleting & reinstalling a PS-2 keyboard driver, which I did, now I can't use my laptop at all. All I see are two options: Troubleshoot or turn off PC. What do I do? 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
23,488 23,427 2,164 5,101
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ramos26 

Problems with individual keys not working is nearly always a hardware issue -- and had you come here with that issue, we could have provided you a link to a troubleshooting routine you could have tried.  But doing what you DID has now put you in real trouble that, in worst case, only a complete reinstall of Windows will fix, and that will cost you everything on your PC!

What MIGHT work, since Windows drivers are not initially involved, is booting into SAFE mode and then running HP Support Assistant from there to see if it downloads and reinstalls the keyboard drivers.

This is how you get into SAFE mode in Win10:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation