Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15 AF103AX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, 

I use the HP Notebook (HP 15 af103ax). recently I updated my graphic card drivers. buts its causing the mouse cursor lag issue and bit lag on the screen. 

A few days back I posted the same thing on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/About-HP-notebook-which-runs-on...

I accepted the solution as @The_Fossette told to install the which the hp display driver AMD graphic card now i again reset my notebook tried to install this graphic this causing me blue screen issue in windows 10.

Is there any other solution to solve this issue please let me?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@aadi305

Welcome to the HP support community.

Did you try creating a new user account to check if it works on it?

Does the mouse work fine on safe mode?

If not, please do, in fact, here's the link to get you started: Click here for the steps.

That said, if the mouse works on the safe mode, it means that there's a compatibility issue with either an application or setting within the normal boot.

If you have more than one anti-virus program, please make sure you remove it as that could also cause such issues,

If the issue persists, use the below steps to resolve the issue:

Method 1: Reinstall Mouse Driver

Before we begin, you should try your mouse on another computer to see if the lagging or freezing problem continues. 

If your mouse works well on the other computer, your mouse or the mouse driver could be at fault. To fix it: 

1) On your Keyboard, press the Windows logo key and X at the same time. Click Device Manager

2) Expand Mouse and another pointing device.

3) Right-click your mouse and click Uninstall
Click OK

If you’re prompted to restart your computer, click Yes.
4) If you choose not to restart your computer right after the uninstall, go to the toolbar in Device Manager and click Scan for hardware changes.

If the mouse is currently not working, you can press F5 on your keyboard and the scan will start. 
Windows will help you reinstall the drivers for your mouse. 
If Windows cannot help you find the correct mouse driver for your device, you might need to look for the driver by yourself on the manufacturer’s support website. 

Method 2: Update Graphics Card Drive

Method 3: Check Local Area Network Settings
Disabling LAN and using the wireless card to connect to the Internet also helps to solve the problem. To do it: 

1) Click the Start button and select Control Panel

2) View by Small icons, click Network and Sharing Center

3) Click Change adapter settings

4) Right-click your LAN card and click Disable

5) In the same window, right-click your Wi-Fi network card and click Enable

Method 4: End Realtek Audio
Realtek audio card might be interfering your mouse, and thus with the lagging problem. To fix it: 
1) Right-click the taskbar at the bottom of the screen and click Task Manager
2) Right-click Realtek audio.exe and click End Task

If the above methods don’t work, go check your Task Manager which applications could be at fault in occupying the unconventional amount of disk usage. When you locate any suspicious applications, right-click them and click End Task to see if the mouse lagging problem resolved.  

Other options

1) Disable Cortana. It’s been proved that disabling Cortana helps fix your freezing mouse. 

2) Disable ATI HotKey Poller service. It’s reported that ATI Catalyst drivers including an ATI HotKey Poller service would input lag on certain system configurations. If you don’t need the ATI hotkeys, just disable this service. 

Here is how: 
a) Press the Windows key and R at the same time, type services.msc in and press Enter
b) Locate ATI HotKey Poller service on the right side of the pane. Then double-click it. 
c) You will be in the Properties window. Change the Startup type to Disabled. Then click Apply and OK
d) Restart your computer. 
3) Don’t use USB hubs to connect your mouse. Directly connect your mouse and keyboard to your computer via the ports at the back of your PC to ensure the best performance. 
4) Try disconnect other USB peripherals, a digital camera, USB disk drive and so on, temporarily to see if this problem is caused by some conflicts. 

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.