Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Elitebook 850 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

For months now, every HP driver I download and attempt to install, returns an error 'Failed to extract cab'. I've been getting around this by opening the executable in 7zip and extracting from there. I have attempted to download manually and through the HP download assistant, but both methods fail. Other users have suggested using different browsers (doesn't work) or change the destination folder during the extraction (doesn't work). The bottom line is, I want to download manually and avoid installing additional "download helper" software.

When will HP address this? This is clearly not an isolated issue.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Windows10 is the most fashistoid OS ever released!
Unsecure Userprofiles, hidden previlegdes for unknown activities added with unforeseen spying and datacollecrtiong activities makes user impossible to trust them, the millions access to ssdbased components like SAM and DAT files like registry that destroy all SSD before lifetime may be ignored...

My Instance;

Our Admin has route all TEMP to an fast & secure & RAMDRIVE

Most programs accept this NOT Microsoft. All Corecomponents force to USE SSD based Temp Variables or SYSTEMdrive based TEMP

But RESET all TEMP variables to UNSECURE Microsoft Original solved.
Thank You M$ for making double work, and longterm nonworking bcause of this SHAME

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.