Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP: Stream
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

"There’s a problem with this app. Reinstall the application from its original install location or contact your administrator." Is the pop up I get when trying to install any app from any place, I also get this pop up when pressing the windows logo key + R and typing in anything other than winver, I would like to know how to fix this issue, it started up right after I had to reset my laptop, and I have spent a good 12 hours searching for ways to fix this error and download the apps that  I would like to download, but any and every attempt I have made has lead me no where. So if anyone has any helpful tips on how to fix this I would love if you shared them with me.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Demon24 

What is your Stream machine ? It may not have enough room/space to install more app.

Regards

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Its just an HP Stream laptop. I have all the information pulled up if that helps, but I dont think its a space issue seeing as how the only Apps/Folders/Ect that are downloaded/installed on this laptop are updates or items that came preinstalled. Plus I checked it as one of the possible issues and there's still a decent amount of space left for the items im attempting to download.

HP Recommended

@Demon24 wrote:

Its just an HP Stream laptop.

@Demon24 

What is it ?  Please use the following way to find out the model/product of your machine

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Please do NOT post its Serial number (s/n).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.