34 15 1 2
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Are these download safe?

HP Recommended
HP ProBook 455 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This is turning out to be very confusing –

I started the “HP assistant” to download and install update – I selected my device

HP ProBook 455 G4 

Fom the Assistant and got the list of updates. I wanted to do one at a time to get the feel and the second one, (To update the wi-fi drives) ran for a very long time and failed Not sure why, so I figured maybe it would be better if I manually download the updates and run them myself — I was not sure if there was / is an option in the “assistant” to just do a download, so I when to my dashboard page at hp.com – that was really nutty — I did not see my device

HP ProBook 455 G4 but what was listing was HP EliteBook x360 1030 G2 — I was not sure what this device was, so I try to add the Probook using the serial number (which I got from the bottom of the assistant page) – it told me that that device was already added – HP EliteBook x360 1030 G2 —

So I am not sure the downloads listing in the dashboard are for my laptop HP ProBook 455 G4 or this rogue device HP EliteBook x360 1030 G2 — how can I be sure —

Lastly is they a way to have the “Assistant” just download the updates? Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
94,704 93,361 12,271 26,101
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@fpefpe wrote:

.... HP ProBook 455 G4 but what was listing was HP EliteBook x360 1030 G2

@fpefpe 

HP ProBook 455 G4  and HP EliteBook x360 1030 G2 are totally TWO different machines. You have to use the following site for ProBook 455 G4:

https://support.hp.com/au-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-probook-455-g4-notebook-pc/10477363

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
fpefpe
Author
Level 3
34 15 1 2
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the info --   How do I correct this --  the serial number lookup for my laptop is   resulting with the  wrong  device -- is there a way   to delete the rogue device from the dashboard here at support.hp.com and try to add the correct one? 

How do  I get to chat with a human?  Thanks 

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation