Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have an HP Spectre x 360 13-ae014dx. The B&O App lost the possibility of configuring Input (it had it), and also lost the Equalizer on the Output Tab. I have Realtek Audio driver 6.0.8940.1. I reinstalled this audio driver but problem remains the same. I'm suspicious that something happened after upgrading to Win ver 2004, but can't be sure about that. 

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Spectre08

I reviewed your post and I understand that after upgrading to Windows 2004 version the B&O app has lost a couple of features.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

The B&O app is part of the audio driver and you should get all the features once you reinstall the audio driver.

I recommend you try uninstalling the audio driver from the device manager and then download and install it from the below link and test.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp103501-104000/sp103860.exe

If you continue facing the issue, then run the audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Here is how it is done.

- Launch Troubleshooting by typing and clicking “Troubleshooting” in Windows search.

- Click on "Playing Audio".

- Follow the on-screen instructions.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, and thanks for your response. This is exactly what I did before posting this subject, and didn't solve the problem. Also run the audio checker, with no help at all. The only point I didn't mention in my post, is that under "Sound, video and game controllers" in the device manager, I also see Intel(R) Display Audio installed, that I didn't delete because I do not know what it is. I only deleted and reinstalled the Realtek High Definition Audio(SST). Pls. let me know if I need to do something else as deleting also the Intel Display Audio, 

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

@Spectre08

Do you connect a monitor to the computer with an audio port? You get Intel Display Audio when you connect a display with an audio port. 

I recommend you disconnect all the external monitors from the computer and check once.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks.

Although I have no monitor connected to my laptop, I had the Intel Digital Audio Driver installed. I uninstalled  and deleted it, and installed the Realtek Audio Driver again from the HP support site.

Ni difference at all: the B&O still has no input options as it had, and no equalizer, as with other laptop I had. I'm getting crazy about this as I use a lot the input options when I have videoconferences ( a lot of them), and it helps.

Any help is welcome. Thanks again.

HP Recommended

@Spectre08

I recommend you perform a system restore back ot hte date when everything was working fine on the computer.

Refer to the below article for detailed steps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03327545

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, 

after reading your post, I thought if rolling back the Realtek Audio could solve the problem. I tried to roll back to the previous available version in HP Support page, but I couldn't as during installation I got a message that it was incompatible with that OS version... Nevertheless, I was decided, so I tried to roll back to an even previous version. I finally installed Realtek driver 6.0.1.8536. With it I got back the input options in the B&O app, but not the Equalizer on the Output tab. So, I'm a little better than previously, but problem is still not solved.

As I see you're an HP employee, I'm giving you some more details to see if you could share them internally,  so HP could bring a little attention to this,  and give me a solution, because is unacceptable that a "High End" laptop from HP such as the Spectre one is having problems with some distinctive characteristics (as B&O audio) that could not be solved at all. Not to mention, that just some months after buying it, I got a "hissing" on the loudspeakers and a one key of my keyboard stopped working, so I had to send it back to you in warranty and the problems were solved.... Good service but unacceptable quality!

As I mentioned previously I have another Spectre (aprox. one year older) with same Windows version, where everything is working fine, and I noticed that somehow the Realtek Audio driver was never updated (is still an older version from 2017), and is working perfectly. Of course I tried to see if that driver was compatible with "the problematic laptop", but it wasn't. 

I sincerely thank you for your help, and hope you may find a solution to this. I'm sure you understand why I feel so disappointed with the quality of HP Spectre and could not recommend it as I did in the past. 

Best,

HP Recommended

@Spectre08

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks @The_Fossette. As my warranty is over, after entering in Support and detecting the machine, the only options I get are either contact Support Comunity (this one) or find a support center where I can bring the device to fix it... like Office Depot or uBreakiFixit (!!). Do you imagine the response I could get showing them a problem with the B&O App (is a SW problem) that manages HP audio? I do, and seems that only option is to "live with the issue"....

HP Recommended

@Spectre08 If you have an HP authorized service center near by, you should be able to take it to them and have it checked,

Here is a link to HP Service Centers, by Country/Region: Click here

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.