Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - 15-bq051nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, 

I check HP software and driver update weblink for ENVY x360 - 15-bq051nr

it shows BIOS updates - 

HP Notebook System BIOS Update (AMD Processors)

system software Manager Icon
F.13 Rev.A 9.1 MB Nov 20, 2017 Download

HP's Terms of Use DetailsAssociated filesPrevious versions

Type:

BIOS

Version:

F.13 Rev.A

I downloaded this image and see the following msg - 

this laptop's current BIOS is insedy F.04 released in July 2017.

The new F.13 is from AmericanMegatrend - this is fundamentally wrong...

I need your help to following up HP BIOS team - how this can work? 

Thank all of you for your support

3.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @qxp0069,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are having issues installing the latest bios on your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• Are you facing any issues with the computer?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?

Meanwhile, follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

http://hp.care/2w2R6uD

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @The_Fossette,

Very nice of you to come out to support  HP customers, like me. 

I have posted screen snapshots for what I have been trying to update my BIOS as I cound not get my HP active pen paired to this HP notebook. 

Last week, I finally saw that HP has posted BIOS updates for this hp envy 360 (amd processor), 

After downloaded F.13, It shows BIOS vendor as AmericaMegatrend; my current installed BIOS is  Insedy f.04. 

I suspect that BIOS updates on hP WEBLINKs  is not what is supposed to be....

Thank you very much!

Tom

HP Recommended

Hi @qxp0069,

Thank you for the detailed information.

I recommend you contact HP phone support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with the phone support.

Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Enter Product number or select to autodetects

Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @The_Fossette,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I won't call HP phone support any longer; I called them last time. They asked to use any passive pens instead of the HP active pen. I wait on phone for half hour and the service agent give me passive pen solution by answering me in less a minute.

I will wait for HP insedy BIOS update for this specific 2-in-1laptop; because this is my first 32-GB DDR ram convertible touchscreen laptop; it is still very valuable even though the active pen is not working - BTW, passive pen use experience is not exciting...

i do hope you will follow up HP QA engineers to improve the products.

Once again, appreciate your time and help.

HP Recommended

Hi @qxp0069,

As you have mentioned that you are having issues with the stylus, I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

http://hp.care/2yvFxZB

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @The_Fossette,

The HP active stylus is still not working at all.

I just droped-by a BestBuy store during holidays and I found an HP ENVY x360 - 15-bq051nr demo model, which runs the American Megatrends BIOS F.13; and the HP active stylus does working well with this demo model.

But my machine is running InsydeH20 BIOS (see below) it was manufactured in Sep/2017 - I googled whether or not the same motherboard can run different vendors' BIOS, no clear answers. I suspect the newly made machine for this model is switched to new AmericanMegatrends motherboard?

Would you please let me know whether or not I can force download American Megatrends BIOS into the currently running Insyde BIOS motherboard as the machine serial number are the same....

Thank you very much and Happy Holidays!

bios.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.