Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Split 13 X2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just noticed that bios F.22 was released for the X2, so I went to install it, and everything seems fine until it goes to restart the PC to flash the bios, and it just reboots the PC into Windows, still on bios F.20.

Not sure what information is relevant, but the sp file is sp77043. Windows is Windows 10 w/ Anniversary Update, all updates are installed, Defender is the A/V, keyboard is attached, AC is attached, batteries are both fully charged...

I tried creating a usb recovery device, but I'm not sure how I would run THAT on the Split X2. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Just managed to figure this out. There is a bios F21 as well, filename is sp76258. Run that first, updating from F20 to F21, then after it reboots, you can update to F22.

Hope this helps someone

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Just managed to figure this out. There is a bios F21 as well, filename is sp76258. Run that first, updating from F20 to F21, then after it reboots, you can update to F22.

Hope this helps someone

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.