Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-e033er
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!
On a laptop, the HP Pavilion 15-e033er upgraded the system to WINDOWS 10 and problems have started since then, namely the laptop itself may restart without warning.

I saw on the HP website that this could be due to an update, and to fix the error, you need to update the BIOS.
I download BIOS F.39 Rev.A (sp79620.exe) for my laptop, but it is not working.
It starts, comes to the moment of unpacking the files, and then nothing happens.
Although previous versions run without problems.
I tried to download and install on different computers and under different operating systems - the result is the same. The program does not work correctly.
Please help update the BIOS on my laptop.
Thanks a lot.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@ReydAn777
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Firstly, let's perform a BIOS recovery using a keypress combination:

1. Turn off the computer, and then connect the power cord.

2. Press and hold the Windows key and the B key at the same time, and then press and hold the Power button for 2 to 3 seconds.

Keyboard highlighting the key presses for BIOS recovery

3. Release the Power button but continue pressing the Windows and B keys. You might hear a series of beeps.
    If this fails then continue the next step. 

• Turn on the computer, and then immediately press the Esc key repeatedly, about once every second, until the Startup Menu opens. Press the F2 key to open the Hardware Diagnostics UEFI menu. Make sure the power cord is connected to the notebook. Keep it connected during the BIOS update process.

And, also download and install updates to the computer BIOS from here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-15-af100-notebook-pc-series/8543365/mo... This process is also known as 'flashing the BIOS.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.