Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I can confirm that hiding the TPM from the bios is a valid workaround until HP corrects this issue. I decrypted both my SSDs and then set the TPM as hidden. It lost my unlock pin and fingerprints, but now the laptop behaves perfectly again. No slow downs using edge or anything else...

I hope to reenable it asap though, this workaround is against Win11 policy so we shouldn't have to do that. We can't do upgrades to newer version for instance (i'm already using 22H2 so i shouldn't have any imminent issue).

HP Recommended

I got a reply from an HP rep, they literally just told me to call "Omen Premium Support". HP does their best to hide support phone numbers unless you have a warranty, so here's a Laptop Mag article that contains the number I was sent. https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/hp-tech-support

I'm also going to try and shoot a DM at Hp support on social media and see if they can help at all.

If I get anything useful, I'll reply to this thread. Otherwise just assume that I got ghosted.

HP Recommended
Spoiler

I called HP support, and spent an hour with them on the phone. He remotely accessed the laptop and i showed him exactly the issue. We checked a few things in windows (no apparent issue), he then guided me through the downgrade procedure for the bios, but it wasn't successfull. We got a message of invalid signature regarding the F.13 bios...

He said that no specific issue is currently logged with this laptop, i asked if it was possible for him to log it but he said no.

He said to monitor the future release of bios updates and that a subsequent update would for sure correct this issue.

Or I could send the laptop for motherboard swap if i wanted (but no way to be sure it would use F.13 update).

As i can use the laptop without TPM for the time beeing, i said that i declined and prefered to wait...

The guy i talked to tried his best to be as helpful as possible, but i was quite disappointed that there was nothing on their side regarding this issue...

And also the phone line was absolutely terrible on their side, with multiple occurences of me not hearing them.

So honestly a bit disappointed to say the least.

HP Recommended

Hi guys,

I would like to report that I have a similar issue that seems to be related to the TPM device feature with a F.20 BIOS.

OMEN 15.6 inch Gaming Laptop PC 15-en1000 (2T3A6AV)

Windows 11 22H2

After upgrade to Windows 11 22H2 and BIOS update to F.20,  the logging into Windows was very slow.  Logging to Onedrive was taking 1-2 minutes.  Browing the web on Microsoft pages was hanging the Edge browser for 10 seconds.  Outlook app profile was not loading anymore.

On advise of HP support,  they told me to reset the BIOS to factory default but it did not help.  I tried to recover Windows 11 with the reset PC feature but it did not help.

I downgraded my laptop to Windows 10 using the HP USB recovery tool for troubleshooting purpose.  It did not help, the slow down and hanging was persisting.

I tried to downgrade my BIOS to the previous version from the recovery tool provided by HP support  and  but I get an error that the signature file is missing.   

I followed the suggested workaround on this forum to go in the BIOS and change the TPM device setting to HIDDEN.   After that, I save the setting and rebooted the laptop.  
After this change, the problem disappeared. I don't have any slow down when logging and I don't have any slowdown and hanging when I use the Edge web browser.  But I am now stuck to use Windows 10.
I submitted my feedback to HP support and requested to them what they will do to solve this issue.
HP Recommended

Yes that's the exact issue we are having, hopefully they will aknowledge the issue and release an updated bios... 🫰🏼

HP Recommended

Hi guys,  I would like to update you that my got the attention of a Customer Support supervisor at HP Customer Support.  I was requested to go back to Windows 11 22H2 and install their AMD Display driver of November 2021.  It did not resolve the issue of course.  HP support generated a complete set of logs and he said that he escalated it to engineering for analysis.   I tried to underline them that the issue has to do with the firmware F.20 and the TPM as my issue is also occurring on Windows 10 and Windows 11.   Fingers crossed.

HP Recommended

Hi MiniMonkey, would it be possible for you to also open a case with HP customer support? The more customers will open a case, the more chance we can get the issue fixes by HP. I suggest that you refer to this community post when opening your case at HP customer support.

Thanks! 

HP Recommended

HP Support pack purchased, Call logged and arranged for Laptop to be collected.

HP Recommended

Came back with F13 Bios and a Replacement Motherboard... working again.

HP Recommended

Hi guys, from my side, HP wants also to get my motherboard replaced while they are continuing their investigation. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.