Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Looks like this is going back again....they have replaced the motherboard so speed is back but the laptop is overheating! The fan was on alot more than usual, so I ran Core Temp to see the Temp at 101 Degrees! Took the laptop to pieces to check the thermal paste on the cpu... after repasting and putting back together I removed the heatsink to check that the paste had transfered to the heatsink which it had not. Ive tried a bit more paste but the heatsink must not be near enough to the CPU. 

HP Recommended

I am still waiting to get my motherboard replaced. How is it going with your overheating issue? Did you contact HP support about it? 

HP Recommended

Got HP to collect again! Could be a while to come back with holidays and delivery issues. Check your thermals as soon as you get it back! 

HP Recommended

Hi guys,  an update on my case.  An HP engineer came today to replace the motherboard and the SSD.  He reinstalled the laptop using their recovery tool.   Earlier to the repair, I had expressed to the HP support that I was afraid the BIOS would get again automatically updated to version F.20.  The HP support engineer told me that they could not reproduce the issue in their similar equipments and hope that the hardware replacement would resolve the issue.  After the hardware replacement,  I ran the Windows Update of Windows 11.   To my great fear, Windows update offered to upgrade the BIOS Firmware to version F.20.  I could not stop the update!  The Bios update to version F.20 occurred at reboot of the laptop.  After the reboot, the problem of slow down came back!  Especially, when login in the Microsoft account pages.  I am so frustrated.  If I go in the BIOS and hides the TPM, the problem disappears.   If I activate the TPM again, the problem of slow down come back.   I escalated again the issue to the HP support and wait for feedback from them.,

HP Recommended

Mine should be back today....If they have updated the BIOS to F20 to resolved the overheating issue I will be slightly mad. Mine also auto updated to F20 when I went to Windows 11 the first time, so I will be sticking with Windows 10 for a while. We need to get HP to Pull F20....

Edit: Got it back and still have F13 Bios and Thermals are looking better. Running fine now. 

HP Recommended

Hi Liusef,  do you have any update about solving this issue from your side?

HP Recommended

Nope, everything is still broken and useless. Thanks HP 🙂

HP Recommended

Newer BIOS looks to be avaliable if anyone with this issue would like to test and report back? F.21 Rev.A

HP Recommended

Ok i installed version F.21 on my Omen, it did install properly without issue.

TPM was not reenabled automatically following the update, i had to go to uefi and set it to enabled.

I could login without additionnal waiting, i had no issue using (quickly) edge anymore.

I could open tpm.msc, it definitely was A LOT faster than on F.20, but i would have to compare to check if it was similar to F.13. It still did not feel as quick to open as i think it should be though.

I no longer have access to an Omen with F.13 (at least easily) as my wife's omen was autoupdated with Microsoft Update to F.20 and i could not cancel it.

I'm interested in other people's opinion on this update, i think they corrected the major part of the issue.

Only update if you are on F.20 and experience this issue in the first place obviously. If you are on F.13 you should stay on it for the time beeing i would suggest...

HP Recommended

I also upgraded to F.21 and it didn't really do too much on my device other than marginally reducing the login time, and getting rid of the TPM errors in Event Viewer.

One thing I did figure out (at least on my device) is that if I set the TPM to be available, but set the state to off, Windows 11 still recognizes the device as being win11 ready but it doesn't cause any issues with slow logins and such. This might just be specific to my device though.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.