Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a friend's laptop Windows 10 64bit  which needs some attention regarding software update. When using the HP Support Assistant, there is no update available for BIOS however when I search in the Drivers section on the HP site, there shows a BIOS update released on Jul 7, 2020.  

The BIOS version in HP Support Asst is F.38 and in the System Info is BIOS Version/Date Insyde F.38, 24-05-2017

The one showing up on the HP site is as below

Type:

BIOS

Version:

F.55 Rev.A

Operating systems:

Windows 10 (64-bit)

Release date:

Jul 7, 2020

Also, there are many other Software Updates available below the BIOS update. Do I need to manually update each of them?

So, do I need to manually update the BIOS or leave it as it is ??

Any and all help will be really appreciated. 

Regards,

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Ahmed128

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, 
To get the answer to this question, you don't have to manually update the driver from the website. 

You can update the drivers when is pushed through Windows update.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.