Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 17-e049wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just updated to Windows 10.

Why am I having trouble finding a bios update.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Iced42

There's no need to be rude!

There are no HP Win10 drivers for your PC so, when you did the update, what you got were MS drivers -- which only provide basic functionality.

You can't find Win10 BIOS updates because HP does not certify your PC for Win10 and, therefore, has not produced any Win10 BIOS updates.

HP has not published any schedule for when, or if, they will be  producing BIOS updates for the older machines.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@Iced42

There is no BIOS update for W10.

There is an update for W8 and W8.1.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-17-Notebook-PC-series/5375409/model/5388...

REO

HP Recommended

Been there already after done scaning it says "HP has encouterd an error.

Am I able to update my BIOS thru HP?

HP Recommended

@Iced42

Before updating to W10 you should have checked if there where HP W10 drivers for your laptop and if HP had tested your laptop for W10.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-17-Notebook-PC-series/5375409/model/5388070/document...

Scroll down and enter your product number here.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/ads/windows10/upgrade.html

REO

HP Recommended

Are you reading my question. I am running windows 10. All my drivers were updated why updated to windows 10.

I would like to know why I am unable to find the "BIOS UPDATES" thru "HP support drivers". Is there going to be support for my BIOS?

HP Recommended

Iced42

There's no need to be rude!

There are no HP Win10 drivers for your PC so, when you did the update, what you got were MS drivers -- which only provide basic functionality.

You can't find Win10 BIOS updates because HP does not certify your PC for Win10 and, therefore, has not produced any Win10 BIOS updates.

HP has not published any schedule for when, or if, they will be  producing BIOS updates for the older machines.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Wasn’t trying to be rude, just trying to get an accurate and concise answer, in which I did. If your reply would have given me the information, then as it does now I would have thanked you; also maybe with the sites that you attached for further information.

Short of going into answer provided on some websites today! It is very, very, very, very, very, hard toady to get a good answer today!

Thank you I do appreciate your answer.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Excellent question  and NOT RUDE at all.   It was short, but not rude.  (And the last thing anyone need s is when people go into their whole life story rather than just asking their specific question.)

What HP SHOULD do is spell out on their Support pages exactly what it means for Windows 10.  Rather than just leaving it off their instructions.  It would save EVERYONE (even HP) a lot of time an hassle if they simply said -- HP DOES NOT CURRENTLY SUPPORT BIOS FOR WINDOWS 10" or whatever the case may be.  

Thank you.

HP Recommended

"Before updating to W10 you should have checked,..."

Now THAT's rude! 

How the heck would I, a user, know this? I never even heard of BIOS before I did a search to see what my laptop fan is so loud and found a solution could be to update BIOS.  "Normal" people don't know such things, to "check" before updating to Windows 10.

HP Recommended

i recently upgraded my elitebook 8460p to Windows 10 without any hassle or undesired side effect (lucky me), but yesterday I got a message from HP advicing me to upgrade Bios to version F.62................anybody in the forum having an idea about what I should do and how ?

Greetings from Italy

Enrico

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.