Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
pavilion dv7 2120sf
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I would like to check wether the bios should be updated. How can I check the bios version ?

I have noticed the Hp system information software through the microsoft store. But the store says that this software is not compatible with my computer...

In the meanwhile I have downloaded the update file for BIOS (based on windows 7) but the system blocked its execution.

Is it possible to check the BIOS and update it using Windows 10 Pro 64 bit N ?

Kind regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, it is not possible.

You can only run the BIOS update in W7.

There are no DOS files to run it as a bootable file, etc.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, it is not possible.

You can only run the BIOS update in W7.

There are no DOS files to run it as a bootable file, etc.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.