Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Omen 15-dc1023ns
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Basically when i try to update the bios show that I dont have enough space. I already try to update through a pen and still didnt work.

Also I dont have a perfomance option in the Omen command Center and the Default Profile option make my fans not work and the pc can be at 90ºC and the fans doesnt work at all, and it used to increase the power now it doesnt. 

Already contact the Support about bios they couldn't help me , they say reinstall windows and try again i did it and didnt change nothing. So I need my PC to work otherwise i cant make my websites. So Is this possible to fix without sending the pc to fix? Bios isn't updated and I'm getting like 2.2 GHz of a 4.5ghz CPU.

Thanks and good Day to everyone.

3.png

1.png

2.png

  

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@epiL1 

I can't read any of the text boxes in the screenshots as the text is simply way too small.

The screenshot about drive space is readable but unrelated, because space needed is on the BIOS chip soldered to the system board, not on the "disk" drive.

Also, reinstalling Windows will do nothing about a faulty BIOS as it has nothing to do with the BIOS code at all.

Additionally, since the BIOS chips can not be removed, they can not be inserted into a chip "burner" to be reflashed, so the HP policy is to replace the entire system board with a new one, including the BIOS chip.  That is very expensive thing to have done -- often costing more than replacing an older PC.

So what Support told you is basically correct -- they can do nothing to correct a corrupted BIOS issue.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Basically The first picture shows an omen command center and there's only two option, one is Default that makes the CPU fans go off, and Chill That makes the CPU not work at the highest speed. And if I want to use Python or play some casual games I can't. I pay for a High-end Gaming laptop and I'm having a mediocre gaming laptop since I can't use all the GHz offer from I7 9750H 
Second picture I try to update BIOS and I can't say there isn't enough space then I talked to a Live Agent, and he said I should reinstall windows and I try that but didn't work. Did everything they asked like installing from a bootable pen and that they said to install some apps they were controlling my PC and nothing change, it was a dead end. 
I still have my warranty and what should I do? I don't want to waste €1000 and get a damaged computer that can't be updated. 

Should I send it to factory because this one is "dead" and I know changing the Motherboard is expensive and isn't worth it. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.