Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

About to buy a ENVY 15T-J100 quad with backlit keyboard and have a question on the backlit keyboard funtion.  have looked at the manual here and it seems you just hit one of the function keys, f5 I believe to turn it on or off.  I didn't see any other mention of the backlit.

I just ask because my Dell laptops have some additonal settings: 2 brightness levels, have it turn off if no use for a certain period of time, etc.  Not sure if these are that important, but just wanted to make sure I didn't miss something in the manual.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes if a Backlit model,

F5 is on/off

I am an HP employee.

"Did my response help with your issue? If so, please give me Kudos by clicking the "Kudos" button or mark the post that solved your problem as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Yes if a Backlit model,

F5 is on/off

I am an HP employee.

"Did my response help with your issue? If so, please give me Kudos by clicking the "Kudos" button or mark the post that solved your problem as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!"
HP Recommended

The backlit keyboard of my old DELL Latitude is much  much better than the backlit keyboard of my new HP Envy.

So dont have any big expectations of HP's backlit!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.