Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 840 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When using e.g Skype for the Voice, the B&O Optimize Microphone Pick Up windows pops up. This window cannot be closed and it is very annoying by hiding the information on the screen.

Is it possible to configure system somewhere so, that the window can be hidden from the screen?

This PC has the Bang & Olufsen Audio application SW version 4.0.85.0.

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

I am searching for the same answer!!  Amazingly hard to find this info!  looked at all tasks in taskbar could not find the task for this exact item.

HP Recommended

I had the same problem. If you focus the window and press Alt + F4, it will disapear. is the only way that I found 😉

HP Recommended

Thank you, Carless!  It worked!

HP Recommended

I know this is late but hopefully it will help someone and maybe you guys too.

I was able to disable this popup from mic-using applications by opening the software folder and renaming an EXE.

The directory for me was c:\Program Files\Conexant\Flow\

I renamed 'AppFollower.exe' to '~AppFollower.exe' and now it no longer pops up.

HP Recommended

Thank you, this helped. 

Why they create application  that  cannot to closed  easily.  

HP Recommended

Try this,

1. Search and launch "Bang & Olufsen Audio Control" app

2. Turn off "Show sound controls during VoIP calls" at the upper right corner

HP Recommended

I have 4.0.85.0 and the setting "Show sound controls during VoIP calls" is not there. I only have 2 tabs.

General contains the list of sound devices, and the second is: 

mathiasm_0-1579509232407.png

What is your version, @DennisSJC ?

Regards,

HP Recommended

Kill the process named "AppFollower"

If you want this to not happen again, rename the file C:\Programs\CONEXANT\Flow\AppFollower.exe

Enjoy it 🙂

HP Recommended

Yup, same problem here

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.