3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Batteries

HP elitebook 840 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, i have refurbished hp elitebook 840 G1 and i have question.  When i press the battery icon on desktop so battery 1 is in use and battery 2 is not inserted. It is possible to use this two batteries concurretly? Or why the battery 2 is not inserted? 

Thanks for your answear 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Provost Provost
Provost
45,054 40,720 4,409 11,462
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Batteries

There is only one battery that allows mobile use of the notebook.  It slides in at the rear of the notebook and is locked in place, although it is removable.

Using two batteries for mobile use is, as far as I am aware, not an option. You could purchase a second main battery.

The battery 2 may be the RTC BIOS battery.

Post any other questions you have in your thread.
Please accept as solution if this is the info you needed.

Take a moment of your time, as we volunteers have given you some of ours in trying to help you resolve your issue, to return to your thread to let us know if we helped you or not.
SamPol Honor Student
Honor Student
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Batteries

Where would  I buy it?

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
45,054 40,720 4,409 11,462
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Batteries

In Europe there are plenty of online vendors. See the link below this line for a google search I did for you.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&sxsrf=ACYBGNRin83l2rHcwDrTxv7TitqWdg36Gg%3A15693378...

How to remove the service cover and install the battery. Click on service cover. watch the video and then click on the battery link in the list to see how that is done. Looks pretty simple. I suggest using Internet Explorer to watch the videos.

h20574.www2.hp.com/results.htm?SID=5405360&MEID=639309DD-00BE-4B49-ABC3-A2D6E7467A79

Post any other questions you have in your thread.
Please accept as solution if this is the info you needed.

Take a moment of your time, as we volunteers have given you some of ours in trying to help you resolve your issue, to return to your thread to let us know if we helped you or not.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation