Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
02-07-2022 07:03 AM
I just purchased my HP Envy 17 laptop and the battery seems to drain quickly. I've tried to set everything to prevent battery drain like power save, shut off as many apps so they're not running in the background, etc. The battery seems to drain within 2 hrs. I don't have a lot of things installed so I don't know what else to check that might be draining the battery other than MS Edge or a memory leak?
02-12-2022 09:00 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Did you make any changes to the settings of your PC prior to the issue?
- Does the notebook shut down immediately (right after you unplug the charger)?
While you respond to that, let's try these steps:
Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8. (Refer to the removable and sealed battery)
BIOS default:(do not skip any troubleshooting steps even if you feel steps are repeating)
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer.
Refer to the article: HP Notebook PCs - Battery does not power notebook or hold a charge By the end of the article you will be able to fix the issue.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community