Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
12-02-2022 08:27 AM
I have a problem related to battery charging limit option in laptops, I used many different laptops like Lenovo and dell and on all these laptops you can have battery charging limit option for increasing battery life, I have purchased new HP laptop a few days ago, and I want to set battery charging limit on this laptop. I have tried many procedures like f10(bios setup) and f2 but didn't find any option for setting charging limit
12-06-2022 08:39 AM
Welcome to HP Support Community. This is a great place to post questions and find answers.
Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.
I see that you want to set battery charging limit on your HP Notebook.
Please follow the steps listed below:
1. Shut down your computer.
2. Wait for a few seconds.
3. Power on your computer and immediately start pressing the Esc key until you see the Startup Menu.
4. Press the F10 function key to enter your system BIOS.
6. After entering the BIOS, select the System Configuration tab by using the arrow keys.
7. You will see the Battery Care Function option. Highlight it by using your arrow keys and press Enter to change its value.
8. By default, the Battery Care Function is set to 100%. You have to change it to 80%.
9. Save the changes and exit BIOS.
Let me know if this helps and have a nice day ahead.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community