Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15s fq5007nia
Microsoft Windows 11

I have a problem related to battery charging limit option in laptops, I used many different laptops like Lenovo and dell and on all these laptops you can have battery charging limit option for increasing battery life, I have purchased new HP laptop a few days ago, and I want to set battery charging limit on this laptop. I have tried many procedures like f10(bios setup) and f2 but didn't find any option for setting charging limit

Kindly help    

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @the_huzaifa,

Welcome to HP Support Community. This is a great place to post questions and find answers.
Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I see that you want to set battery charging limit on your HP Notebook.

Please follow the steps listed below:
1. Shut down your computer.
2. Wait for a few seconds.
3. Power on your computer and immediately start pressing the Esc key until you see the Startup Menu.
4. Press the F10 function key to enter your system BIOS.
6. After entering the BIOS, select the System Configuration tab by using the arrow keys.
7. You will see the Battery Care Function option. Highlight it by using your arrow keys and press Enter to change its value.
8. By default, the Battery Care Function is set to 100%. You have to change it to 80%.
9. Save the changes and exit BIOS.

Let me know if this helps and have a nice day ahead.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.