Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15-AY503TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Laptop battery started to drain within 2 hours before I used get more than 5 hours normal usage and GPU section started to get heated. I tried Hardware diagnose using HP diagnose tool Hardware seems to work fine shows everything passed but these two problems didn't solve. Will it be firmware issue? My BIOS Version/Date Insyde F.46, 11/16/2018. If it is firmware issue Is there link where I can download firmware update and install?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@anzar277 

According to the specs, your model PC comes with a lithium-ion battery -- essentially, the same technology as that used in Cell Phones.  Those batteries will get HOT when charged -- that is just what happens. 

As to the laptop getting warm, with the newer lightweight laptops, there is less room for vents, and they do get hotter than the older, larger, bulkier laptops.  

These are trade-offs with the newer, lightweight laptops -- there are no firmware "fixes" for these issues, as these are by design.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

I know that sir. But it's not the hardware issue with the battery and battery doesn't get heated. ImI also a Laptop Technician I diagnosed the battery and hardware both works fine physically. I find the issue with bios firmware.

@WAWood wrote:

@anzar277 

According to the specs, your model PC comes with a lithium-ion battery -- essentially, the same technology as that used in Cell Phones.  Those batteries will get HOT when charged -- that is just what happens. 

As to the laptop getting warm, with the newer lightweight laptops, there is less room for vents, and they do get hotter than the older, larger, bulkier laptops.  

These are trade-offs with the newer, lightweight laptops -- there are no firmware "fixes" for these issues, as these are by design.

HP Recommended

@anzar277 

Sorry .. was not trying to insult you or otherwise talk down to you.  Don't know what folks here arleady know, so sometimes I post stuff that is what is already known.

Also, as the the firmware, if the HP page for your PC does not show a BIOS upgrade, there is no firmware upgrade available -- sorry.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Right sir

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.