cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Battery charge limitation not shown in BIOS for HP Spectre x360 15-eb0180ng

HP Recommended
Spectre x360 15-eb0180ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good to see you, recently I substituted my old notebook to the new one, both are manufactured by your corporation and are the same model series, i.e., hp spectra x360. The specific model name for the old and the new are provided below.

Old model: 15-df1008ng.
New model: 15-eb0180ng.

So far, I used to utilize the functionality of the battery care function, allowing us to make the limitation of the charge maximum in order to prolong the battery recycling life. In my old notebook, this function is available by changing the BIOS option.

In the new notebook, however, I am not able to find a similar option in BIOS. I think there should be the battery care option in the BIOS of my new notebook since it is the newest version of your company product. In other words, I guess that the method of how to change the maximum limitation of the charge percentage of the battery is changed, for which I could not find this function in BIOS.

Thus, my question is as follows:
Where is the option for controlling the things related to the battery in my new notebook?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
86,400 86,282 10,971 23,571
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@JWHAN wrote:

... Where is the option for controlling the things related to the battery in my new notebook?

@JWHAN 

By some reasons, this option/feature is no longer available in BIOS of many machines. Please use the following guide to keep battery healthy

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c01297640

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear Banhien,

Thank you for your rapid reply. Then, officially, HP did not give the function of adjusting the maximum battery level, though, is there any way to adjust it by artificially?

Because, almost all the time, I just put the notebook in my desk with plugging the power cable, meaning that I don’t need to maintain the always full charge.

Best,

JWhan

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation