Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15 notebook pc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good day to every one. I am using a hp 15 notebook pc. Product id: F9H95UA#ABA. I have been having an issue with my battery life for the past 1-2 weeks. The issue is that after an update the battery did not charge more than 69%. I googled possible solutions to this and nothing has worked so far.

I first reinstalled battery drivers on my device, tried hard restart, tried trouble shoot, update bios, and many more I don't remember. Finally I ran the hp hardware trouble shoot tool found on hp support site and i was told that I need recalibration. I tried everything from software to manual deliberation but nothing works. The closest it came to working was on the recalibration option when I turn on the pc and press esc and then f2.

For some reason as soon at the battery reached the current limit(34% at that moment) it would say system error and the calibration would stop. It displays calibration error 20 or 21 or something so.

Can someone please help me, I do not want to spoil my battery because of having to charge it every few minutes. Yet every time I charge it the battery limit keeps dropping, atleast 1% per 1-2 charges.

If anymore informations is needed please let me know 

Thank you for any assistance 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Wilson11

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

The best thing you can do to prolong the life of lithium ion batteries is to make sure they get an occasional "deep discharge." That means running them ALMOST all the way down to zero charge before starting to charge them.

If that doesn't help, run a battery test:

• Make sure the power cord and adapter is connected to the system and wall outlet.
  • Press and hold the power button until the computer turns off completely.
  • Turn on the computer.
  • Immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second, until the UEFI Hardware Diagnostics screen is displayed.
  • In the UEFI Main menu, select Component Tests.
  • In the Component Tests menu, select Power.
  • In the Power menu, select the battery test.

While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component display on the screen.

If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you respond back to us.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.