Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion p6751c Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone, I am having a bit of trouble finding the correct bios update for my computer. I hope that those of you here can point to the correct direction. I am trying to update my bios because I am having issues with installing more than 2 sticks of ram onto my computer and from what I read, a bios update may be able to fix the problem. I cannot locate the exact bios for my computer. Anyone here know what update it is/if there is one for my computer?

Here are my motherboard and bios specs. Unless you are 100% sure of your answer and have done this before, please do not answer.

Motherboard:
FOXCONN 2AB1 (CPU1)
Version: 1.00
AMD
785G
SB700

Bios:
American Megatrends Inc.
Version: 6.06

Product: HP Pavilion p6751c Desktop PC

I have already contacted AMI and they said that I would have to go [here] to find the correct bios update for my computer. I have checked FOXCONN to no avail and also have seen on here that it is not recommended to go to the motherboard's website for bios updates. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi! @Castgurl101, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand you need BIOS update for your PC.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

I have checked the specifications of your PC, your PC went with N-Alvorix-RS880-uATX Motherboard.

Refer the product specifications page for more information.

Also, Latest version of BIOS available for your PC is 6.07 Rev. A.

Please find the link to update BIOS.

You can also download and run support assistant on your PC and check for updates.

Refer this article to know how to use HP support assistant.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello I have a similar computer, the HPE-500f.
It has the Foxconn 2ab1 Motherboard version 1, Bios version 6.05 with stock Amd Phenom II x6 1045t , and I have upgraded the graphics card to nvidia gtx 750 Ti. Could you please give me a link to the latest version of my motherboards bios? 

HP Recommended

I have the exact same desktop and the BIOS I am running is American Megatrends Inc. 6.11 - AMD AGESA V3.7.1.2 (12/28/2011)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.