Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Not applicable
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do I turn off the HPUPDATE.EXE process and block hpupdate.exe from running on my computer at start-up?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

status and drivers.JPGHPUpdate: Software & Drivers -Status Update: Can't get rid of HPUpdate Pop-up! I'm very PC savvy but cant get rid of this thing!  It pops up so many times a day to tell me my drivers were check and up to date.  On a brand new computer, no less.  This bloatware is greatly diminishing what would otherwise be a very positive HP experience.  Please help. HP Gurus!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

HI@Seb1936, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Please share the model number of your Notebook which will help me in pulling up details,

Keep me posted. Happy to help!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

I would also like to know how to prevent hpupdate.exe as it is constantly displayed popups every half hour or so. And I can't seem to find any way to control it.

HP Recommended

Hi@Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Good Day. A warm welcome to the HP community. I reviewed the case regarding issues with the computer.

I will be delighted to assist you here.

In this case, If you don't have the flatbed scanner, then you may uninstall the software

I double-checked.  I see again that there is no HP scanner program to uninstall.  Here's a snip of what I see in Programs/Features:   https://gyazo.com/6c4d64c8660cae9a3e7aa9714eeb80c7      

I also searched on "scan" and it returned nothing. 

I had an HP scanner on the XP system which I upgraded long ago to Win 7 on a new machine, bringing files over.  The message in my original post just started popping up within the past few weeks, oddly.  

I do have an HP support assistant and do notice that the startup error message is coming from HP Update.  Is it safe for me to uninstall HP Update as that is listed in the installed programs?  

I'm trying to be very careful so I apologize if I'm asking too many questions.  

Thank you so much for your help.  I do appreciate it greatly.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

status and drivers.JPGHPUpdate: Software & Drivers -Status Update: Can't get rid of HPUpdate Pop-up! I'm very PC savvy but cant get rid of this thing!  It pops up so many times a day to tell me my drivers were check and up to date.  On a brand new computer, no less.  This bloatware is greatly diminishing what would otherwise be a very positive HP experience.  Please help. HP Gurus!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.