Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hii... I own pavilion 15 p028TX with win 8.1.. My Bluetooth device is not workin properly.. Its pairing the devices but the files could not be sent or received.. If i send the file from my cellphone , the device gets paired but later on phone displays unable to send the file.. I have installed the updated driver from hp server.. Please provide the solution..

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @preethu1988 ,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Sorry to hear you cannot send or receive files via Bluetooth. I'll see what I can do to help!

First, try performing a clean boot in Windows. This should disable any third-party programs, which may be causing an issue: How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Sometimes, this issue can occur if Windows updates need to be done. Please make sure they are all done by following these instructions:

1. Open "Windows Update" in Control Panel.
2. Click "Settings", and then click "Install optional updates".
3. Next, click "Check for updates".

If those steps do not help, then actual Bluetooth troubleshooting needs to be done. Here are some steps that will help:

1. Go to Device Manager.
2. Right click on "Bluetooth Peripheral Device" that you want.
3. Select "Update Driver Software...".
4. Choose "Browse my computer for driver software".
5. Choose "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".
6. Select "Ports (COM & LPT)".
7. Select "Microsoft" at "Manufacturer" list.
8. Finally select "Standard Serial over Bluetooth link".

If you are still unable to send or receive with a Bluetooth device, try the following:

1. Search for "Change device" in the Windows 8 Start menu.
2. Click on where it says Change device installation settings.
3. Select the No, let me choose what to do option.
4. Check the automatically get the device app option.
5. Click Save changes to save the settings you just chose.

As well, you can try this. This should be done, anyway:

1. Go to RUN (Windows Logo + R) and type “services.msc” and Enter.
2. Now find “Bluetooth Support Service” and double click on it.
3. Now click on Log On Tab and Type in "Local Service" without quotes.
4. Click on “This Account”.
5. Now remove any passwords leave the password field blank.
6. Underneath the upper left title should be a hyperlink "Start" Click it.

Please let me know your results. Thanks!

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended
I have a 14-ba032tx with similar problem of not receiving files from paired devices, yet capable of sending files to all the devices.
HP Support help me to update driver but still not working.
There is no menu to enable visibility like on smart phones. I have an old notebook and I never had to do anything other via pairing, yet send, receive without problem

ACheng
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.