Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavillion dv6
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Bluetooth disappeared from my laptop - after working perfectly for years! I keep getting message to turn it on but have no idea as to how to do that. Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@AZEG 

I'm not here to interrupt HP Support -- but I wanted to pass along my experience along similar lines as an alternative you could consider ...

I have an old Dell laptop that has BlueTooth (BT) and worked fine.  Then I upgraded it to Win10.  Continued to work fine. Upgrade was done last October.

Then yesterday, BT vanished!  No entries in Device Manger, nothing in Settings.  So, I ran an image recover from last week when BT was still working.  Rebooted. BT still gone.

Went to Dell, downloaded their BT packages tried running them -- got error message about them not working (as they were for Win7).  Tried compatibility mode -- for all modes listed.  No improvement.  No BT!

So, I went out and bought a BT dongle for $15 and installed it.  BT is back now.  Yeah, I'm out $15, but I have BT again.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@AZEG

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did you make any changes on the settings of your PC prior to the issue?
  • When was the last time it worked fine?

When the Bluetooth signal is turned off, you cannot pair an existing device, add a new device, or modify Bluetooth settings.

1. Open Device Manager, and then click the arrow next to Bluetooth or Bluetooth Radios.

Clicking the arrow next to Bluetooth to expand the list

• If your device displays in the list, the Bluetooth signal is on. Skip to the next step.

• If your device does not display in the list, right-click the Bluetooth card, select Enable device, and then try to pair.

Clicking enable device for the bluetooth card

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you but there is no Bluetooth in device manager1

HP Recommended

@AZEG 

I'm not here to interrupt HP Support -- but I wanted to pass along my experience along similar lines as an alternative you could consider ...

I have an old Dell laptop that has BlueTooth (BT) and worked fine.  Then I upgraded it to Win10.  Continued to work fine. Upgrade was done last October.

Then yesterday, BT vanished!  No entries in Device Manger, nothing in Settings.  So, I ran an image recover from last week when BT was still working.  Rebooted. BT still gone.

Went to Dell, downloaded their BT packages tried running them -- got error message about them not working (as they were for Win7).  Tried compatibility mode -- for all modes listed.  No improvement.  No BT!

So, I went out and bought a BT dongle for $15 and installed it.  BT is back now.  Yeah, I'm out $15, but I have BT again.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thank you! Sounds like my experience with an HP. I spent better part of three days when i should have been painting working on this.  Ordered a BT dongle which should arrive tomorrow. 

Emily 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.