Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ENVY X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am unable to send a photo from my phone to my Envy 360, however i can send a photo from the laptop to the phone.

The devices are paired. The error message i get is sending failed. Spoken to Samsung and they say there may be a setting stopping the laptop receiving the file. can any one help ? Thanks  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Catherine,

Please right click on the Bluetooth icon in the notification area and check if there is an option for receiving file and left click it, the send the file from the phone. check if the file will be sent.

Kind Regards,

Thumbs up if solved

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello Catherine,

Please right click on the Bluetooth icon in the notification area and check if there is an option for receiving file and left click it, the send the file from the phone. check if the file will be sent.

Kind Regards,

Thumbs up if solved

HP Recommended

Many thanks i managed to do it. It seams then every time you want to receive a file you have to go  in to the settings from the notification centre by right clicking and choosing to accept received files. Would have thought there was a choice to accept by default?

HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply.

For that issue, it depend on the Bluetooth card that is installed on the unit and also the drive and windows too.

But you can check in the Bluetooth settings for such an option if it is available for a certain paired device.

Kind Regard

HP Recommended

Thank you very much very helpful advice. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.