Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15-g070nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi I need some help Boosting my HP 15-g070nr I'm using a 4GB Memory, 500GB Hard Drive, I need some advice how I can disable a lot of Services in System Configuration and tweaking Memory, Visual Effects,...????? and the only thing i use on my laptop is little bit internet and store music storage.........

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Carlos20201 Here's a list of things you can do, to improve the system performance:

Perform regular maintenance to improve the performance of your computer. Use the information in this document to control when applications run, adjust how your computer uses memory resources, and reduce heat inside your computer.

If you are using a new computer and the performance is slow, go to Computer Is Slow When Used for the First Time (Windows 10) for more information.

NOTE: 

HP SmartFriend is a support service that can help you troubleshoot slow performance and improve the speed of your computer (only available in the United States and Canada). For more information, see HP SmartFriend (in English).

NOTE: 

4GB RAM or more is recommended for best performance in Windows 10. Some computers might not be upgradeable (sealed) and might run poorly with the latest operating systems. For step-by-step instructions on upgrading RAM, see HP Notebook PCs - Upgrading Memory (RAM) or HP Desktop PCs - Upgrading Memory (RAM).

Try this first

Before completing the troubleshooting procedures in this document, try the following steps:

• Make sure there is at least 15% of free space on the hard drive. For information about freeing up more space, skip to the Free up space on the hard drive section.

• Update the BIOS. Refer to the HP support document HP Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS or HP Desktop PCs - Updating the BIOS. If there is no BIOS listed for your version of Windows, choose the latest version of Windows from the drop-down menu and install that BIOS.

• Update the hardware drivers using Device Manager.

1. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.

2. In the list of devices, expand each section.

3. Right-click the device, then select Update driver.

4. Click Search automatically for updated driver software, then follow the onscreen instructions to install the updated driver.

NOTE: 

Make sure the graphics driver is up-to-date. If you use a third-party graphics card, go to the manufacturer's website and check for a driver update.

5. Restart your computer to complete the installation of the updates.

For more information, go to Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.