Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Probook 450 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Brightness key shortcuts do not work after some windows updates. all my drivers are up to date. usually when I reinstall the graphics driver the problem goes away but this time it didn't work

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@mesutkoparan1 here's what you need to do:

1) Search for Device Manager in Start Menu
2) Expand the Monitors section
3) Right click on Generic PnP Monitor and 
4) Click on Enable and check if it works,

If the issue persists, here is a link that will help. Go into your power options.
Select Balanced and click Change plan settings. Click Change advanced power settings. Then save setting changes.

You could try using the Windows Update Troubleshooting tool to fix any updates that have not come through for Windows 8. 

Please restart the Notebook twice to make sure all update has been completed!

You could also try:

In the Device Manager, click the arrow next to Display Adaptors to expand that category
Right-click on Graphics and select Update Driver Software if more than 1 Graphics adapter does one at a time.
Choose the option to Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.

The Notebook should find and automatically install the updated driver
After the installation is complete, restart your Notebook

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@mesutkoparan1 here's what you need to do:

1) Search for Device Manager in Start Menu
2) Expand the Monitors section
3) Right click on Generic PnP Monitor and 
4) Click on Enable and check if it works,

If the issue persists, here is a link that will help. Go into your power options.
Select Balanced and click Change plan settings. Click Change advanced power settings. Then save setting changes.

You could try using the Windows Update Troubleshooting tool to fix any updates that have not come through for Windows 8. 

Please restart the Notebook twice to make sure all update has been completed!

You could also try:

In the Device Manager, click the arrow next to Display Adaptors to expand that category
Right-click on Graphics and select Update Driver Software if more than 1 Graphics adapter does one at a time.
Choose the option to Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.

The Notebook should find and automatically install the updated driver
After the installation is complete, restart your Notebook

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i installed the old hotkey support driver (2018) and the problem was solved. Yes the new drivers (2020) did not work:)

HP Recommended

@mesutkoparan1 That's awesome, I'm glad it worked,

Remember, if you ever need help related to your HP device,

We'll be right here and happy to help, take care and have an awesome day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.