Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 14-CM0095AU
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi, My OS windows before downgrade is Windows 10, and I uninstall. then I downgrade to windows 7 (64 bit) because I'm not comfortable with windows 10. So, when i run in windows 7, the problem was came in.  I can't find brightness setting, the FN keys not work too, and also my USB port can not detect (i have 3 slots USB but only 1 worked). I have been trying to download the driver but still, nothing happens. 

Here's the detail of USB ports :

2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 (Data transfer only); 1 USB 2.0; 1 HDMI 1.4b; 1 RJ-45

I try to uninstall - restart the laptop over and over and  "scan hardware Changes" in the device manager and still no result. 

can you guys help me out? because I the brightness is irritating me and run out my laptop battery.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

You will have to try manually installing the drivers because I see the USB 3.1 drivers listed in one of the chipset driver folders.

Here is what you need to do...

Download and install this free file utility.  The 2nd link at the top of the page is for 64 bit.

https://www.7-zip.org/

Then download and save the AMD chipset driver file again but do not run it.  If you still have the file, skip the download again step.

Right click on the AMD chipset driver file.   Select 7-Zip from the list of items on the menu.

Have 7-Zip Extract to:  and let it extract the file into its folder name.

Once that is done, go to the device manager, click on the USB controller device needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.

Click on Update driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option and browse to the driver folder that 7-zip created.

Make sure the Include subfolders box is checked and hopefully, the driver will install that way.

Then restart the PC.

Do the same process for the graphics driver.

To manually install the graphics driver, go to the device manager, click to expand the Display Adapters device manager category.

Click on the Standard VGA Adapter listed there (it might also be listed elsewhere in the device manager as a Video Controller).

Then follow the same guidance as before...click on the driver tab, click on Update driver, etc.

If that doesn't work either, I highly recommend you reinstall W10 and get used to it.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

For the USB drivers, install the AMD chipset drivers from the link below and restart the PC.

Scroll down the page and select the W7 x64 AMD chipset driver...

Windows 7 - 64-Bit Edition    Revision Number   18.10.0830    File Size   65.4 MB     Release Date   9/4/2018

https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-9-series-chipsets/990fx

Graphics:  Select the W7 x64 driver, install and restart the PC.  That should allow you to adjust the screen brightness.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-e-series-processors/amd-e2-series-apu-for-laptops/7th-gen-e2-...

HP Recommended

nothing happens in brightness and USB port. any suggestion?

HP Recommended

Hi:

You will have to try manually installing the drivers because I see the USB 3.1 drivers listed in one of the chipset driver folders.

Here is what you need to do...

Download and install this free file utility.  The 2nd link at the top of the page is for 64 bit.

https://www.7-zip.org/

Then download and save the AMD chipset driver file again but do not run it.  If you still have the file, skip the download again step.

Right click on the AMD chipset driver file.   Select 7-Zip from the list of items on the menu.

Have 7-Zip Extract to:  and let it extract the file into its folder name.

Once that is done, go to the device manager, click on the USB controller device needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.

Click on Update driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option and browse to the driver folder that 7-zip created.

Make sure the Include subfolders box is checked and hopefully, the driver will install that way.

Then restart the PC.

Do the same process for the graphics driver.

To manually install the graphics driver, go to the device manager, click to expand the Display Adapters device manager category.

Click on the Standard VGA Adapter listed there (it might also be listed elsewhere in the device manager as a Video Controller).

Then follow the same guidance as before...click on the driver tab, click on Update driver, etc.

If that doesn't work either, I highly recommend you reinstall W10 and get used to it.

HP Recommended

I'll try. hope it works. thank you. I really appreciate for your help.

HP Recommended

Wow..!  it works.. 😀

big thanks for you..

it really helps me.. 👍👍

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.