Comptronic
Level 6
696 666 16 102
Message 1 of 12
Flag Post

Solved!

CAPS LOCK button and NUM LOCK button LED's not working

HP Recommended

I have an HP G72 B66us laptop and the light on my CAPS LOCK button as well as my NUM LOCK button are no longer working however, the light on my wireless buttin is working.

What is the cause of this?  Why would my wireless button light still work and the other (2) buttons won't?

11 REPLIES 11
Comptronic
Author
Level 6
696 666 16 102
Message 2 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Anyone?

0 Kudos
Comptronic
Author
Level 6
696 666 16 102
Message 3 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ANYONE?

0 Kudos
Comptronic
Author
Level 6
696 666 16 102
Message 4 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Being that no one was able to help, does anyone know how to remove the keyboard?

0 Kudos
Cy_S
Level 1
1 1 1 3
Message 5 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm not sure if you've resolved this issue but I solved the problem by removing the charger plug, then the battery.  While the battery is out, push the power button.  Reinstall the battery and reconnect power.  When the notebook rebooted, the caps lock light and num lock lights were once again working.

Comptronic
Author
Level 6
696 666 16 102
Message 6 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No, this was never resolved.  I almost ordered a new keyboard and decided to wait.  I am glad I did.

THANK YOU! KUDOS TO YOU!

How did you know that?

0 Kudos
z_j_m
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I simply unplugged my power conection into the HP G72, pressed the caps lock key and the light came back on. I did not have to do anything with the battery or power button. This fixed my issue. Noting: My num lock light never went out, just the caps lock light.
0 Kudos
shailendrakatko
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thanks for this solution it is working thamks alot

0 Kudos
IndieConnie
1 1 0 0
Message 9 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for this post. It was easy to understand and quick to do and it worked the first time.

You rock!

0 Kudos
ValC
2 2 0 0
Message 10 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Caps button light not lit up. When I try to type capital A nothing happens
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation