Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook T8S71EA#BH5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello guys,

I have an issue while gaming on my laptop on windows 10 as my CPU parks two of its logical cores after like 10 minutes in the game and i've tried so many ways to unpark these cores through windows registry and third party softwares but i still got this issue and recently i've updated my bios but there is no change whatsoever ,

any help would be appreciated .

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Many multi-core processors are not designed to run at high frequencies on all cores for long periods of time.

This is especially likely to present itself on laptops which have particular thermal constraints.

I cannot say for definite here but if this was a thermal protection mechanism then overriding that could cause problems.

What you could perhaps try is getting yourself a good fan-equipped laptop base and see if that improves the issue at all?

Forever Group - HP Partner & Microsoft Partner
HP Recommended

But this happens only on windows 10 , it was working fine on windows 7 and the gaming was okay and no cores were being parked even on very high temperatures , i don't think this is a hardware issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.