07-15-2019 02:30 AM
In device manager this 2 drivers are with problem
The device cannot start (code 10)
I installed the driver from hp site (hp pavilion x2 10 j000na (energy star)
when i open camera app they can't detect the camera
They didn't work before / maibe are broken idk
07-17-2019 05:29 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
- Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
While you respond to that, let's try these steps:
Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8.
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
If this fails, please try Microsoft system restore will returns your computer to the files and settings from the restore point. Your personal files and documents are not affected. Click here to perform Microsoft System Restore (Windows 10, 😎
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
07-20-2019 07:44 AM
Thank you for posting back.
Let's uninstall Camera device from device manager.
- Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.
- Select Device Manager.
- Expand the entry. Right-click the Imaging device and select Uninstall device.
- You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.
- Reboot the computer and check, if the issue persists continue next step,
Perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant:
To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.
Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.
- To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon .
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
And also refer to this Document Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 😎
Keep me posted for further assistance.
I am an HP Employee