Did you mean: 
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Can I flash my phone with this laptop?

HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 8570p
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can I flash my android phone os 8.1using my HP EliteBook 8570p Laptop? 

3 REPLIES 3
Level 19
Level 19
88,684 88,570 11,325 24,319
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Smoked 

No machine will destroy your phone. Please check its manual, you should be able to flash your phone using a combination of buttons

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Level 16
Level 16
28,557 28,477 2,609 6,246
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Smoked 

Ordinarily, the term "flashing a phone" means to load a custom ROM onto a phone to replace the one originally there when you bought it.  This voids any warranty that was with the phone -- and we're not allowed to assist folks with doing things that void warranties.

That said, there are a several Android phone forums that have tutorials that you can follow to see how to flash it with a different ROM, along with sources to get that ROM code.  But, you will need to find those on your own.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I asked with flashing my phone to see if flashing is possible with the HP 8570p because I ordered one today off ebay.. Im an avid quadcopter pilot and I recently purchased a radiomaster tx16s transmitter and it went into emergency mode.. Im devestated being I'm 100% grounded til it's fixed. Going off YouTube I need to reflash the firmware back into it... Im hoping to be able to do so with the new laptop... Hopefully I'm not out alot more money by this purchase. 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation