cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
tharnishjson
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

Can't find power button

HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 840 G8 Notebook PC

I can't find the power button to my HP EliteBook 840 G8 Notebook PC. I did research but didn't find anything. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
34,441 26,592 3,179 10,234
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@banhien 

It is weird.

I have a Probook 435 G7 that has the on / off (power key) in that top row of keys - same place, second to last key (far right).

Took a minute to get used to the new location.

Tiny little computer - I suppose there wasn't room on the left side / top left corner.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
5 REPLIES 5
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
96,866 65,579 12,552 21,633
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@tharnishjson 

It should be at position #6 as shown

840g8 power.png

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
tharnishjson
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry,

I am blind. The image you provided doesn't help. Please give a clear description of where the key is such as "It is near the letter a key or above the a key". 

Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@tharnishjson 

Welcome to the HP Community.

There are three keyboards in this series.

Fortunately, the Power key (on / off) is located in the same location on each model.

How to find the on / off key

Place your finger at the left top corner of the keyboard.

Lightly trace down to where you can feel the top row of keys.

Top row keys are small and rectangular (shaped wider than tall).

Start at the first key in the top row (left most key).

Without pressing any key, lightly move your finger along the keys to the end of the row.

Back up one key.

The On / Off key is the second to the last key in the top row.

Reference

User Guide

Page 8

Make the computer easier to use:

Settings > Ease of Access > Narrator

HP Device Support Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guide, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP EliteBook 840 G8 Notebook PC 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

1 person found this reply helpful
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
96,866 65,579 12,552 21,633
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@tharnishjson 

Very interesting, the image is actually from page 11 of the Service Guide. On my machine which is an Elitebook. 840 Gen 5, the Power button is the very first one on the left, 

I don't use power button everyday, I turn on my machine using USB-C Gen 5 dock. not from its power button.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@banhien 

It is weird.

I have a Probook 435 G7 that has the on / off (power key) in that top row of keys - same place, second to last key (far right).

Took a minute to get used to the new location.

Tiny little computer - I suppose there wasn't room on the left side / top left corner.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation