Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 450 G7 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello,

I downloaded multiple software / drivers from the official website, but when I try to install the package,  cmd window appear with the error: "[Info] Attempt to execute c:\.......

Another line contain this error:  REM Remove the REM from the next line if your component does not support Silent Install (Application Recovery)

What does mean ?

Normally the installation should be done normally as usual.

Can someone help me please ?

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Hello @othmaqsa 

To help you I need to know the product number (p/n) of your notebook !

You will find this information on the back of your notebook printed in small alphanumeric letters.

( Please note: It's not allowed to post serial numbers (s/n) in public ! )

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Do this on the post I wrote that helped solve it.

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

Hello @Ub6424

Thank you for your message.

How can I sent you the product number without the posting in public?

Thank you!

HP Recommended

Hello @othmaqsa 

The product number (p/n) is legally allowed information, just about the computer, no sensitive data.

It is allowed to post in public, no problem.

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

Hello,

The product number (p/n) is:  8MH11EA#BH4

Thank you!

HP Recommended

Hello @othmaqsa 

(1) What software do you want to install ?

(2) Website ? Download Link ?

(3) Screenshot of error message please.

best regards

---

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

Hello @Ub6424

I want to install software that is compatible and listed on the official HP website (such as driver for Synaptics, driver for camera, IRST ...)

The link where I download the drivers / software: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-probook-450-g7-notebook-pc/29090065

The error message:

When I download the zip file, I extract it, then I execute the setup.exe, the installation is done normally and at the end of the finalization of the installation, a CMD window open automatically which includes a line:

Info Attempt to execute c:\SW Setup\SPXXXXXX\install.cmd

when I try to open the SWSETUP folder, I can see SPXXXXXX folder, files such as FAILURE.FLG and other txt files are present which contain:

2021/10/14 16:07:18.196|Info|Attempt to execute C:\SwSetup\SPXXXXXX\install.cmd...

C:\SwSetup\SPXXXXXX>REM The following is required in all INSTALL.CMD files

C:\SwSetup\SPXXXXXX>if exist c:\system.sav\util\SetVariables.cmd Call c:\system.sav\util\SetVariables.cmd

C:\SwSetup\SPXXXXXX>set version=1.03b

C:\SwSetup\SPXXXXXX>Set block=C:\SwSetup\SPXXXXX\

C:\SwSetup\SPXXXXXX>CD /D "C:\SwSetup\SPXXXXXX\"

C:\SwSetup\SPXXXXXX>REM Remove the REM from the next line if your component does not support Silent Install (Application Recovery)

C:\SwSetup\SPXXXXXX>REM Erase /F /Q *.CVA

C:\SwSetup\SPXXXXXX>REM Add the command-line to have your component to be installed properly

C:\SwSetup\SPXXXXXX>Pushd src

C:\SwSetup\SPXXXXXX\src>if not defined FCC_LOG_FOLDER goto BPS

C:\SwSetup\SPXXXXXX\src>if exist ".\Uninstall.cmd" call ".\Uninstall.cmd"

C:\SwSetup\SPXXXXXX\src>if 0 NEQ 0 goto:END

C:\SwSetup\SPXXXXXX\src>if exist ".\InstallDrv.cmd" call ".\InstallDrv.cmd"

C:\SwSetup\SPXXXXXX\src>REM ====================================== ================

C:\SwSetup\SPXXXXXX\src>REM Driver deliverable installation

C:\SwSetup\SPXXXXXX\src>REM

C:\SwSetup\SPXXXXXX\src>REM Template Version: V1.03b

C:\SwSetup\SPXXXXXX\src>REM ====================================== ================

C:\SwSetup\SPXXXXXX\src>set versiondrv=1.03b

C:\SwSetup\SPXXXXXX\src>set errcode=0

C:\SwSetup\SPXXXXXX\src>REM

Thank you!

HP Recommended

Hello @othmaqsa 

press

[winkey] + r

Enter the following command and hit RETURN/ENTER key or click the button [OK]

winver

and send me a screenshot of it, please

best regards

---

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

Hello @Ub6424

Attached the screenshot,

Thank you.

PXL_20220629_161611167.jpg

HP Recommended

Hello @othmaqsa 

(1) Please try to update this software:

HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI

8.0.1.0 Rev.A54.7 MBMar 5, 2021Download

(2) Shutdown HP ProBook 450 G7 notebook

(3) ! Check your hardware first !

Do you have a smartphone or another computer to watch the youtube video while testing your probook?

That would be easier for you !

Using the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) to diagnose hardware errors ...

https://support.hp.com/id-en/document/c04499777

Watch how it works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14GKIpGPNRM&ab_channel=HPSupport

Please report your results (pictures of hp diagnostics, error messages)

best regards

---

Thank you very much

⌨️

This video shows how to test your HP computer hardware using HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI. If you suspect that your computer has hardware issues, follow the steps in this video to isolate and identify them using the HP PC Diagnostics UEFI. Chapters: 00:00 Introduction 00:18 Download and install
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.