Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Notebook 240 G8
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, i bought a freeDos version of this laptop a few days ago, and can't really get the touchpad working.
I installed the latest version of win 10 64bit via USB using the latest ISO downloaded with the official media creation tool.
(i tried to create a bootable usb with that but it kept crashing while installing, so i had to manually put the iso on a bootable drive )

I download the touchpad drivers from the support page (Official HP® Drivers and Software Download | HP® Customer Support), but when i run it it says that it isn't compatible with the current windows version.
i tried to download the hp support assistant too, and have it upgrade and download all the drivers but it gets stuck as soon as it starts and doesn't do anything).

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Yea, I have exactly the same situation, installed the newest Windows 10 and the touchpad is not working on HP 240 G8, and can't install the driver that is on the website. HP support assistant didn't list touchpad driver. Touchpad is working in HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) test though.

HP Recommended

ughhh useless hp forum, I figured it out myself. The driver is for Windows version 2004, install that version, then install the driver, then you can update to the newest one (20H2).

HP Recommended

how do you install the old version? where can I find the ISO?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.