Chess101
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can't open HP Omen Control - "Syncom.dll was not found"

OMEN by HP - 15-dc0805no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I wanted to try to change the colors on the keyboard and downloaded the Omen control screen. Every time I try to open it, an error message says:

"The code execution cannot proceed because SynCom.DLL was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."

I have tried to reinstall the program and run it as administrator, but nothing seems to work.

2 REPLIES 2
Level 19
Level 19
79,936 79,831 9,894 21,353
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Chess101 wrote:

...  I have tried to reinstall the program and run it as administrator, but nothing seems to work.

@Chess101 

How do you re-install the program ? You have to do from Windows Store, not exe file. Doe your machine has 4-zone colors keyboard as shown ?

light colors.png

If NOT, no Lighting option on OCC.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Chess101
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have now tried to reinstall from Microsoft Store, and there are no lighting options in the command center. My laptop probably only has functionality for one color.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation