Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Probook 450 G7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I can't wake my laptop up with keyboard. All I have to do to wake it is pressing power button. Doesn't my laptop support wake up from keyboard or something? I need help

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Dom_2412 

@Dom_2412 wrote:

I can't wake my laptop up with keyboard. All I have to do to wake it is pressing power button. Doesn't my laptop support wake up from keyboard or something? I need help

Open

User Guide

The keyboards in this series are apparently not all the same.

If your keyboard includes the "new moon" action key, this is the sleep key.

Click that key to exit Sleep mode.

Section:  Actions keys - Starting on Page 11

Illustrations on Pages 11-12

I have a (not so similar) Probook 435 G7 - when the system is fully asleep, it is necessary to briefly press the power key (actually embedded in the Action keys section).   After the key is clicked, repeatedly tapping on the touchpad activates the login screen for login.

What else?

You could try looking in the BIOS.  

HP ProBook 430, 440, and 450 G7 PCs - BIOS Simulator

Where to check?

Perhaps -- Try Section Advanced > Power Management Options

What else?

See if you can find something in the Advanced power settings.

Control Panel > icon view > Power Options

Choose when to turn off the display

OR 

Edit / Change Plan Settings

Change advanced power settings

Device Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts / Procedures), Product Information (Specifications)...

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP ProBook 450 G7 Notebook PC 

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

The f12 is the sleep key but it just enters the sleep mode, not exit.

Power Management Options in BIOS doesn't have any option for keyboard

And Advanced power settings doesn't help either.

HP Recommended

@Dom_2412 

Well, rats.

The guide did mention that the "sleep" moon action and I read it too quickly.

Tap the power button to exit sleep.

Initiates Sleep, which saves your information in system memory. The display and other system components turn off and power is conserved. To exit Sleep, briefly press the power button. CAUTION: To reduce the risk of information loss, save your work before initiating Sleep

I did not find anything else - not really - the other ideas were "look here - don't see it but maybe..."

You could set your Power Options so the computer does not sleep - I'd only do this when the unit is on AC power, of course, or you could drain the battery past the point where it can recover.   Killing the battery for lack of a keyboard "wake" button seems a bit extreme...

It appears from finally having read the user guide section correctly, that the power button is the answer... no "keyboard" force to wake a sleeping 450.

Stay Safe.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.