Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP PAVILION G7 2010 NR
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am wanting to update my HP Pavilion G& from Windows 10 to Windows 11 but is telling me that the UEFI is not installed and the TPM Device might not be available.  I called Office Depot and was told that I need a TPM chip for the motherboard.  is there a fix for this issue.  It also tells me that the Laptop is not compatible for Windows 11 but everything has been updated.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@KIMMIE16 

Did you tell the Office Depot this was a laptop? Important -- because you can not add a TPM module to a laptop due to insufficient room.  This would need to be a desktop and even then, it might not work.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

yes I did tell them it was a laptop.  my question is, is there a fix to this problem for getting Windows 10 to transfer to Windows 11, without buying a new laptop. 

HP Recommended

@KIMMIE16 

Without having TPM enabled, no.

There are "hacks" to bypass TPM but those are only short-terms as MS has already disabled PCs using such hacks and it is only a matter or time until they disable the rest.  Then, you would have a nonworking PC and no easy way to recover it.

So if folks come by telling you how to bypass the hardware checks and force Win11 update, you would do best to ignore them.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.