Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP

Hello

I have watched and read a lot of suggestions on how to enable 2 finger scrolling on my computer, but nothing helps me. 
The function was enabled some days ago but now it doesnt work, and I have no clue why. 
My touchpad works, clicks and so, but cant scroll. 

There are no boxes to check or anything about scrolling under the touchpad settings nor Mouse settings.

When I see solutions on youtube there should be for instance  Boxes like "tap with two fingers ro right click" etc. 

I have no souch boxes under my Touchpad settings. 

I am using windows 10 but and classic schell to have the windows 7 start. But this should not be the problem cause it has been working for several years. 
please help!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Oliver_11 It all depends on whether you've got the Elan or Synaptics touchpad, and to find out which one you've got you can either look under device manager or simply provide the below steps:

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: 

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Meanwhile, check out this generic article on making changes to how the touchpad works: click here for details.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am using synaptics touchpad.

Remarkably the scrolling starting to work again of itself.

I believe it started to work after i made a windows software update. 

So its good now.

However, I am still not finding the options under the preferences of the touchpad where I can click boxes like "enable 2 finger scrolling" and so on. 

HP Recommended

@Oliver_11 I'm glad its partially solved, the part where the scrolling option isn't appearing, I suggest you check the device manager and tell me if you have is either a Elan or Synaptics touchpad driver, under mice, and other pointing devices.

Press Windows + X and then select the device manager.

Keep us posted.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have Synaptics SMBus Clickpad

HP Recommended

@Oliver_11 Uninstall and reinstall the drivers for your mouse:

Go to the Device Manager and select your mouse. Uninstall it and then restart your computer. During restart, your mouse driver will automatically be reinstalled.

• 1.   Click on Start and type ‘Device Manager’.
  • 2.   Click Device Manager.
  • 3.   Click + sign next to Mouse.
  • 4.   Right-click on mouse entry and choose "uninstall".
  • 5.   Restart your computer.

If that doesn't help, install Synaptics app from the Microsoft store. Once installed, launch it and you will be able to modify its settings,

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.