Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pulkit21
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Caps Lock Blinking twice when Windows+B is pressed (BIOS RECOVERY)

HP 348 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

Recently I was in subway, typing my document, and suddenly my laptop went off, I tried to force shut it and then restart but it was not behaving properly. 

Afterwards, it gave me error 502 Checksum error. I did some research, and found CMOS battery is dead that's why that happens, or maybe a corrupted BIOS but corrupted BIOS is code 501. 

Also, my laptop was randomly shut down, so i thought overheating could be an issue, so I opened it up (I'm an Engineering last year student), carefully cleaned board with IPA, and reapplied thermal paste, and changed the CMOS battery.
And It worked. 

Then I found that my BIOS wasn't up to date, I have F17 version and F39 is out april 2019, so i downloaded it from official HP site, and followed the steps, it prompted me to restart the laptop, i followed and after restart nothing happened, just a normal bootup, and BIOS was not updated.

I thought to update it using recovery USB, 

So there's this procedure of Windows+B then power button for 2-3 seconds, and releasing power button after that , but holding on to Windows+B. I followed it, and nothing appeared on screen. Only Caps Lock LED indicator started blinking, twice in a row. 

when i force shutdown and start my machine, it boots up normally.

Can you help me to update BIOS because I cannot find anything. 

Thanks in advance 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation