Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP PaVilLIOn 15T
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've bEEn HAVING an ISSUE WITH MY CAPS BUtton FOR ABout a week noW. soEMTIMES IT JUST bLINks on And off RANDOmLY, And Pressing IT does NOthing, ANd other times CERtain keYs SuCh as 'n' OR 'B' turn IT ON anD OFF. i'M NOt sure why this is happeniNg. I've tried restarting, DOING a hard reset, BUt noTHINg has worked. I've looked onLINe buT CAn'T FINd a solution. pLEASE HELP.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@snash883

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

As I Understand the Caps lock constantly turns on and off by itself,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Is that why you've written the post LiKe THiS? or is that style like I do sometimes 😛

Did you check with an external keyboard to see if there's a difference?

While you respond to that, here's a few things you can do:

Remove/Reinstall the keyboard driver from the Device Manager (Right-click on it and select "Uninstall"), then reboot the computer.
Windows will then reinstall the native driver for it, therefore resolving the issue.

Keep me posted for further assistance 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes, that's why the post was written like that. At the moment, it doesn't really blink anymore, but the button doesn't work. Only 'n' and 'b' turn caps on and off. I also tried uninstalling the driver and restarting but that didn't work.  An external keyboard works fine. I've kind of gotten used to it at this point, but it's still a bit of a nuisance.

HP Recommended

@snash883

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

If the issue doesn't occur on the external keyboard,

this is confirmed to be a hardware malfunction within the keypad (internal) and hence I would recommend you Contact HP for repair/replacement:

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

FOR Me IS the same tHiNg like RiGht nOW im jUST typing and thE CAp LoCK IS JUST BUGGED oUT IT also tRIGGErs IT when I Try tO MOVE THe MOSE anD ThE Cap LOCk jUSt won't let me move it aNd its very annoying I uninstalled THE kEYbOaRD thing on DEvicE management al REaDY AND NoTHING Any SOLUtiON TO THIS 

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.