Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15-bs580tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have recently did manual installation to Windows Version 2004.

On account of the installation, I could not see the following:

1)HP support link and application through which HP use to push updates.

2) Microsoft Office which was installed as a bundle while I purchase this note.

Kindly help me with the procedure for further action.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Krishnakumar_MR 

You should NOT have forced the upgrade to v20.04.  If you did a clean install, removing what was there before, that was even WORSE -- as you have wiped out the stuff that HP provided you preloaded.

In terms of the MS office, in all likelyhood, you will not be able to get it back.  You should have checked into this BEFORE you forced the installation of win10 v20.04.  It is probably too late now.

But you can check with HP Customer Support to see if they can do anything for you, as there is nothing we can do from here.

HP International Support: http://welcome.hp.com/country/w1/en/support.html

HP Phone Support: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hello

Sorry for the delayed reply from my end.

I have restored my previous or pre-loaded MS package with my HP Notepad.

All happened just with a permutation and combination... FYI: I have registered in microsoft with my email ID at the time when I open MSOffice appication in my HP notebook.  Therefore, in the same system, I could re-download the pre-loaded package.

Hence there is no challenges as of now.  Have a nice weekend.

HP Recommended

@Krishnakumar_MR 

Hey -- it's good to see you got it restored OK, not everyone has the foresight to take the precautions you did.

If I was you, now that it is working, I would make an image backup to an external drive or large USB stick -- so I had somethine to restore FROM if I had future issues like this.

------------------------

I personally prefer to use third-party Backup solutions as they tend to be both more flexible and more reliable than any built-in solutions.

Macrium Reflect (MR) provides a FREE version that can be used to image and restore partitions or entire drives.

What I recommend is the following:
1) Download and install Macrium Reflect (MR) from here: http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx
2) Run MR and choose the option: "Create an image of the partition(s) required to backup and restore Windows" to write a full backup to an external drive or USB stick
3) Use the option to create a boot USB stick or CD

My experience is that MR, when using the High Compression option, typically can compress the saved image file to about 50% of the USED space in the OS partition. This means if you have an 80GB OS partition, and 40GB is used, MR only needs about 20GB to store the image file.

I use this all the time and it typically takes less than 15 minutes to do the image backup and about the same time or less to do a restore.

Plus, MR has the option to Add a Recovery Boot Menu entry. This allows you then to boot into WinRE, and you can then use that to do a restore -- when you can't boot into Windows!

NOW, you have the means to restore a full working system from the external drive or USB stick in only a few minutes.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.