Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Stream
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi,

I want to change the default programme for opening file types ending in .ica. I have installed Citrix version 4.6, which I know isn't the current version but is the version I want to use, and I want to select that as the default programme for .ica files.

The only options available to me in settings: choose defaults apps by type are either Internet Explorer or to search in the store.

How can I get it to search on this machine to select a programme I already have? The store only seems to offer the latest version of Citrix which I don't want.

Thanks,

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

You need to go into the Control Panel.

Once you are in the Control Panel, click on Programs. 

Once you are in Programs, click on Make a file type always open in a specific program.  

Scroll through the list of file extensions until you see .ica.

Select the file extension and then click on the Change program button in the upper right.  

Select More apps and then scroll to the bottom of the list.  

At the bottom of the list of apps select Look for another app on this PC.  

You are now presented with a windows that will allow you to navigate around the folders on you computer.  

Find the location for the version of Citrix that you want assocated with the .ica file extension and select the Citrix Application.

Hope this helps.

Joel

I am an HP Employee.

If you like my post, click the thumbs up.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.