Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Wendy121 Top Student
Top Student
7 0 0
Message 1 of 11
3,838
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Change from front to reverse camera on HP Spectre

HP Spectre
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi my camera defaults to a front camera (will take photos of me)  but I can't find the setting to change  it to a reverse camera (so it will take take a photo of other things).  e.g. on my Iphone there is just a reverse button but I can't find this in the settings on my new Spectre.  Can anyone help please? 

10 REPLIES
Dean Dean
Dean
8110 717 2242
Message 2 of 11
3,813
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Change from front to reverse camera on HP Spectre

Hello Wendy121

 

Would you tell us the full model number or product number of your Spectre?

Then we can better determine what to do.

 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Wendy121 Top Student
Top Student
7 0 0
Message 3 of 11
3,800
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Change from front to reverse camera on HP Spectre


@Photoray002 wrote:

Hello Wendy121

 

Would you tell us the full model number or product number of your Spectre?

Then we can better determine what to do.

 

Thanks.


I have a HP Sepctre x360 Convertable

PC Name DESKTOP-53QLDKR

Product ID 00325-95962-43818-AAOEM

64 bit operating system

0 Kudos
Dean Dean
Dean
8110 717 2242
Message 4 of 11
3,795
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Change from front to reverse camera on HP Spectre

Thanks for that Wendy.

But you actually posted the Windows PC Name and Windows OS Product numbers.

 

I actually need the full HP model number or product number.

 

Those can be found in the tiny print on the bottom of your X380.

-or-

Go to Start> HP folder> and open the HP Support Assistant.

It will show the HP Product number on the bottom of its page.

 

Do not post the serial number.

0 Kudos
Wendy121 Top Student
Top Student
7 0 0
Message 5 of 11
3,784
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Change from front to reverse camera on HP Spectre


@Photoray002 wrote:

Thanks for that Wendy.

But you actually posted the Windows PC Name and Windows OS Product numbers.

 

I actually need the full HP model number or product number.

 

Those can be found in the tiny print on the bottom of your X380.

-or-

Go to Start> HP folder> and open the HP Support Assistant.

It will show the HP Product number on the bottom of its page.

 

Do not post the serial number.


oops! sorry

HP Spectre x360 Convertable

Product P6M12PA#ABG

thanks Wendy

0 Kudos
Dean Dean
Dean
8110 717 2242
Message 6 of 11
3,782
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Change from front to reverse camera on HP Spectre

Thanks for that.

You have the HP SPECTRE X360 - 13-4112TU

 

Form function wise, Your X360 is much like a traditional laptop, not a tablet.

There is no rear camera mounted on the lid or backside.

Sorry.

Wendy121 Top Student
Top Student
7 0 0
Message 7 of 11
3,778
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Change from front to reverse camera on HP Spectre


@Photoray002 wrote:

Thanks for that.

You have the HP SPECTRE X360 - 13-4112TU

 

Form function wise, Your X360 is much like a traditional laptop, not a tablet.

There is no rear camera mounted on the lid or backside.

Sorry.


Hi - so I can't actually flip it to take photos like my camera on my iphone? Can you please confirm?

Can I get anything installed so I can take photos?

 

 I have a  HP Elite x2 1012 G1 for work - does this have a rear camera?

Thanks Wendy

0 Kudos
Dean Dean
Dean
8110 717 2242
Message 8 of 11
3,774
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Change from front to reverse camera on HP Spectre

Smart phones like the iPhone have 2 physical cameras. One mounted on the front, one mounted on the back.

The X360 only has one camera mounted above the screen.

 

You can flip the screen over 360 degrees and use the laptop like a tablet, but the camera that is built above the screen will physically remain on the screen side.

 

0 Kudos
Dean Dean
Dean
8110 717 2242
Message 9 of 11
3,766
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Change from front to reverse camera on HP Spectre

Sorry it doesn't do what you expected.

ll I can suggest is...

If you want a rear camera to record while viewing in real time on your screen, you would have to add a USB webcam and tape it to the top of the computer as you walk around with it.

 

Downside... its cumbersome/impractical to carry around, but works if your at home or office.

Upside... you can get higher end webcam's with better built in mics that the built in cams, if you want to spend the money.

 

May not be what you want, depends on what you need to do.

 

0 Kudos
Wendy121 Top Student
Top Student
7 0 0
Message 10 of 11
3,765
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Change from front to reverse camera on HP Spectre


@Photoray002 wrote:

Smart phones like the iPhone have 2 physical cameras. One mounted on the front, one mounted on the back.

The X360 only has one camera mounted above the screen.

 

You can flip the screen over 360 degrees and use the laptop like a tablet, but the camera that is built above the screen will physically remain on the screen side.

 


Great got ! many thanks (that's why I couldn't find the setting!) Wendy

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation