Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
STILL NEED HELP, [Text Deleted]!
HP Recommended

FFS, when is somebody going to help me?! This is sooo ridiculous! Thanks for nothing HP!

HP Recommended

I just solved this problem on my keyboard - at least I hope what I'm about to tell you is what actually fixed it!

Right click taskbar at bottom of screen

Click 'toolbars'

Click 'language bar'

A small dark box appeared at the right top corner of my screen (shows Keyboard Language and the word Help)

Click the down arrow for options.

I chose 'Restore Defaults' and it seems to have solve the problem of not being able to type 'and' symbols and question marks. 

If you are looking to add international symbols, I think you can do that from here too by choosing 'settings'. 

I hope this helps someone!  Sure solved my frustration.

HP Recommended

Thanks for posting! Unfortunately, when I click on toolbars, there isn't a language bar option in the menu. There's only address, links, HP support assistant quick access, desktop, and new toolbar. When I clicked new toolbar, a window comes up asking me to select a folder and it has the windows explorer directory thingy in it. So I am none the wiser about how to change the settings....

HP Recommended

STILL NEED HELP PLEASE!

HP Recommended
I would still like this questioned answered...
HP Recommended

I cut & paste the answer from another web user:

Brian V Jan 11, 2010 4:48am GMT

I figured out why this goes on so frequently. There’s a keyboard combination that switches languages. Mine was set to Ctrl-Alt which gets hit occasionally. There’s two ways to turn it off

1. Near the bottom right of the screen is an icon of a keyboard. Left click and select US keyboard if it’s set to French. This turns it off but it doesn’t prevent it from getting switched again.

2. The permanent fix is to disable the key combination. There’s two ways to do this. Right click on the keyboard icon and left click Settings. Select the “Advanced Key Settings” tab. Click the “Change Key Sequence” button and select “not assigned”. Click OK a few times and you’re done.

If you cannot locate the keyboard icon you can get at this through the control panel. Go to Regional and Language control panel. Select the keyboards and languages tab and click the change keyboards button. This takes you to the language settings described in step 2 above.
HP Recommended
Thanks! I've been using the keyboard icon since I discovered that, but very happy to have a permanent fix! 🙂
HP Recommended

Thanks for your response. I tried the combinations that are in my Key Sequence settings for both the switching of input language and of keyboard layout, and nothing happened for either of them! Does anyone have any other advice? 😕

HP Recommended

I still need help with this issue please!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.